Do you excel at making other people's work lives run smoothly, but need help smoothing out your own resume? To be a successful candidate for admin jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. See how you can emphasize your office skills and proven success in administrative roles by reviewing this sample resume for a midlevel administrative assistant that Isaacs created below. You can also download the midlevel administrative assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Provide top-notch support to VPs, directors and managers
- Administrative: Adeptly handle administrative matters including screening calls, managing calendars, planning meetings, making travel arrangements, composing documents and organizing offices for efficiency.
- Communications: Interact professionally with all levels of staff and maintain the highest level of confidentiality; known for tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive issues.
- Computers: Expert user of Microsoft Office; quickly learn and master new technology.
- Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, Azure
- Accounting & CRM: QuickBooks, Sage 50 Pro Accounting, Oracle PeopleSoft CRM
- Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, OR
Administrative Assistant, 2014 to Present
Provide administrative support to the investment banking group VP and five of her department directors. Answer telephones and promptly and courteously assist clients and employees throughout the organization. Maintain calendars, coordinating extensive appointments, meetings and domestic/international travel.
- Office Management: Overhauled recordkeeping system from manual to computer-based, creating a user-friendly and systematic information management system and reducing data-retrieval time.
- Travel Logistics Management: Coordinate a busy travel calendar that includes six international symposiums annually, ensuring all events are successfully executed.
- Customer Relationship Management: Tapped into the power of PeopleSoft CRM Analytics to track the effectiveness of leads, marketing initiatives and revenues. Generated reports that assisted upper management with decision making and were distributed to 200+ employees departmentwide.
TEMPORARY AGENCY ASSIGNMENTS —Sometown, OR
Administrative Assistant, 2011 to 2014
Assigned by DEF Temporary Agency and GHI Temporary Agency to serve in administrative support roles for clients in investor relations, high tech, healthcare and real estate sectors.
- Hit the Ground Running: Learned organizational processes, policies and procedures with minimal ramp-up time. Successfully completed administrative assignments for ABC Co., JKL Co., MNO Co. and PQR Co.
- Service Focus: Adapted to diverse work styles and consistently provided friendly, personable service.
- Excellent Performance: Offered full-time position at the conclusion of temporary assignment at ABC Co.
ABC TRAINING ACADEMY — Sometown, OR
Certificate in Office Management, 2011
Completed 45-credit certificate program. Focused on business data processing, software applications, basic accounting, business communications and business law.
Like what you’ve read? Join Monster to get personalized articles and job recommendations—and to help recruiters find you.
Sample resume for an office assistant
If you're an ambitious office assistant targeting a promotion to management, use this example to get your resume in shape.
Use these tips to write your office assistant resume.
If you’re an ambitious office assistant targeting a promotion to management, get your office administrator resume in shape for that step up. You can view and download the Office Assistant resume template here, and See an alternate office assistant resume sample here.
If you need additional writing tips, join Monster today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for office assistant jobs.
Office Assistant resume template
- Demonstrated capacity to provide comprehensive support for senior-level staff, including managing and coordinating projects and processes in support of effective business operations.
- Proven track record of accurately maintaining detailed records, generating reports, coordinating meetings, and multitasking within fast-paced atmospheres.
- Adept at managing and streamlining administrative processes to reduce errors, improve accuracy and efficiency, and achieve organizational objectives.
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service, leadership, and organizational skills; thrive within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and managing, arranging, and coordinating executive calendars, travel, contacts, conference bridges, appointments, and luncheons/events.
Office / Administrative Assistant, 6/2014 – Present
Skillfully manage wide-range of office and sales support tasks, including accounts payable / accounts receivable and payroll processing. Leverage strong multitasking skills to manage customer service, data entry, invoicing, inventory control, merchandising, returns processing, and purchasing. Respond to customer inquiries in person and over the phone; liaise with cross-functional teams in support of customer needs. Manage calendars for three managers and two executive managers, including meetings / appointments and travel arrangements.
- Identified areas for improvement in policies, procedures, and business processes and delivered strategic recommendations to senior management on key issues.
- Facilitated development of office operations manual; trained new administrative personnel.
- Administer banking, deposits, account registry, payroll, and distribution of employee checks.
Office / Administrative Assistant, 10/2011 - 5/2014
Trusted to coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements for executives, including Vice Presidents. Organized calendars and schedules to align with executive needs and company goals. Trained administrative staff on policies and procedures. Created compelling presentations for company meetings.
- Regularly acknowledged by leadership for timeliness and attention to detail.
- Spearheaded transition from paper invoices and DOS-driven Peachtree to QuickBooks and Point of Sale system, training all employees in newly implemented technologies.
- Demonstrated flexibility and superb work ethic in enthusiastically taking on special projects in addition to primary office administration responsibilities.
Associate of Science in Business Administration
ABC Community College – Sometown, AZ
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) - Expert
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
Affiliations / Volunteer Work
IAAP (International Association of Administrative Professionals), 2012 - Present
Special Olympics Coordinator / Referee, 2008 - Present