Fourth Claim Paragraph
Research by [name of expert or research group] established another fact proving the [reality/unreality] of global warming: [Insert direct quote from research that supports your thesis.]
- Measurable changes in the sea level, air temperature and atmospheric gas levels confirm a warming trend.
- A warming trend in our climate is causing the melting of earth's glaciers and ice caps which will cause the sea levels to rise and pose an imminent threat to coastal regions.
- The health of the ocean is failing due to increased temperature, causing mass deaths of fish and the overgrowth of dangerous algae.
- Models used by scientists to predict climate change generally show an overall warming trend.
- Scientific research does not prove that a current warming trend suggests imminent danger.
- There is not a large enough body of research to support the theories.
- There is not enough historical data available.
- The models used by scientists to predict climate change are unreliable and many have been proven wrong.
EasyBib Guide to Global Warming Research
NASA Home Page for Climate Change
U.S. Global Change Research Program Home Page
Climate change is basically a change in weather that has a global effect that can last for decades, centuries or in some cases even longer. Climate change is something that is heard all the time in today’s news along with the term Global Warming. Experts believe that global warming is created through pollution however not all climate changes are caused by mankind.
WHAT CAUSES CLIMATE CHANGE?
The most common cause of climate changes in the past has been the light of the sun being blocked causing an age of ice as the planet freezes over. The years known as The Ice Age is one example of what happens when the sun is unable to penetrate the atmosphere and warm up the Earth. Phenomenon that is able to create such an effect include:
- The eruption of a super volcano such as Yellowstone
- A big asteroid crashing into earth, creating enough dust to fill the atmosphere
- Nuclear weapons capable of creating enough debris to fill the atmosphere
Not all climate changes bring the cooling effect of the planet. One thing that is believed to be a cause of a climate change happening now is Global warming.
WHAT IS GLOBAL WARNING?
Global warming is where the Earth is seen to warm up instead of cool down. It is believed that pollution created by modern living is a direct form of the global warming that is happening today. Another belief is that solar radiation that is caused by solar storms from the sun is a direct cause of global warming.
In either case, global warming is created through a whole emerging in the atmosphere. The atmosphere around the earth protects us from harmful radiation rays that emerge from the sun. When a hole is created, radiation and heat is let in causing the Earth’s temperature to rise.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF GLOBAL WARMING?
There are many signs that the Earth is warming up that scientists observe every day. Some of these signs include:
- Changing of weather patterns
- Melting of Icebergs
- Seas rising
Scientists warn that the signs of global warming are on the increase every year signalling the next great climate change.
Scientists all agree that global warming is happening. However they disagree on what is causing it. Some believe that global warming is a natural occurrence while others believe it is a man-made issue caused by pollution. It is possible that global warming is caused by a mixture of the two.
Damage has already been caused to the atmosphere and this is irreversible but if this hole is caused by pollution then we can all help to reduce further damage by cutting down on the pollution we cause.